By: Nicholas Dixon
By Nicholas Dixon http://WWW.Oceanroc.blogspot.comA few years ago as a webmaster with no money, I looked around for the best free methods to drive traffic to my website.
Search engines were my primary source of traffic and due to the fact that this source took time to gain momentum, visitors were in spurts at best. Then I found a powerful technique that I could use to boost my marketing efforts for free.
These are some benefits that I have gain from writing articles.
1) Name Branding- If you type "Oceanroc' or my name in any search engine you will likely find hundreds if not thousands of returns. If you look at bit closer chances are those search results are pages which contain my articles.
2) Link Popularity- Last October I started a website Oceanroc.com and by April of this year it had a PR5 rating. Articles are the main source of the one way links pointing to my website.
3) Traffic- If I write an article that is interesting, then the reader may click on my link in the resource box to visit my site to find similar content. Imagine being on websites and in newsletters with lots of readers and think about how many traffic you could get.
4) Prestige- Up to a few months ago I was a Platinum writer over at Ezinearticles.com, the 1000 lb. gorilla of article sites. Heck I lost my status because of an affiliate link, so now I am down to Expert status. Seeing your writing being published especially without you submitting it to that source helps to reassure that you are a quality writer.
5) Free Advertising- I have had my ads placed for free in places that normally would have cost me hundreds of dollars. My resource box is my ad spot and publishers are required to include it if they use one of my articles. The resource box is the medium through which you generate traffic from you articles.
If it was not for article writing I don't think that I would receive some of the Joint Venture offers that I get. And the thing is that many writers share these same benefits. And there are even more…….
© Oceanroc Web Publishing
About the Author Writing tips, tools and techniques for the new and seasoned writer can be found at http://WWW.Oceanroc.blogspot.com